Recipe by FCR Gal
Homemade French Toast the Once a Month Cooking way!
Top Review by Delenn
I really hate to give this a low rating. I think that the 4 1/2 cups milk is the problem in this recipe. I tried dipping the bread as quick as possible. I tried raising the temperature for a few pieces and lowering the temperature for some pieces. I tried cooking them for about 25 minutes, but the inside did not cook. My son refused to eat it and stated that the inside was just gooey.
I'm sorry but I cannot get this recipe to work as is. I think that there needs to be less milk or more eggs.
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 loaves bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the bread in a large bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread in mixture so it is soaked through.
- Brown on both sides in margarine over medium heat.
- Let cool on cooling racks completely.
- Once the slices have cooled completely, retuns to bread bag alternating with wax paper to avoid the slices sticking together.
- Freeze until ready to eat.
- Reheat in toaster when ready to eat.