Recipe by bugsbunnyfan
The fun mix of chocolate, crushed cookies, whipping cream and nuts makes a tempting alternative to ice cream.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Thanks much for this GREAT TASTING FROZEN DESSERT! Even though it's cold outside right now, we enjoy ice cream even in the winter, & this 'crunch' is a great alternative, for sure! I used oreos with vanilla cream filling this time, but might just use those with the chocolate filling next time! VERY, VERY NICE! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 8 German sweet chocolate squares, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 12 cookies)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- additional chopped walnuts (optional)
- crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate with corn syrup; stir until smooth. stir in 1/2 cup cream. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
- Stir in crushed cookies and walnuts. In a mixing bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Spread into 1 9-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm. Sprinkle with additional walnuts and crushed cookies if desired.