Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great Andrew Weil, MD recipe! So incredibly simple, yet so delish! Cooking time here is really freezer time.
- Peel and cut into chunks, one banana. Put chunks on a plate and then into the freezer, uncovered. They can stay up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, put frozen banana into a blender or food processor and whirl until smooth, scraping down as needed.
- As bananas thaw slightly, the will become smooth and creamy.
- Use this as you would ice cream. Try it on a bed of pureed berries or sprinkle top with chopped nuts.
- Oh, the banana peel? -- well, just throw it away, silly!
Good for me and DD2 (5 months) she ate it just blended with a little water. Our bananas were not fully frozen but I know that would be even tastier. I had it with blanched slivered almonds on top for a healthy snack.