Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Freeze these fruits for a hot summer day to help the kids cool down.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (or frozen)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- In a large bowl combine the pineapple chunks with juice, walnut halves, orange juice and ground ginger, mix well.
- Add the strawberry halves, blueberries and coconut.
- Toss gently to coat the fruit with juice.
- Place mixture in an airtight container, leaving room for mixture to expand as it freezes.
- Store up to one month in freezer.
- Thaw at room temperature.
- The fruit mixture will thaw but remain frosty.
Thanks for such a great and easy recipe. I needed to make a fruit salad ahead of time for my meals on wheels team, and froze this in individual 9 oz. plastic punch cups. I covered each with plastic wrap and was ready a week in advance. I'll be using this often.