Recipe by Mercy
This recipe sounds delicious, but I have not tried it out yet.
Top Review by Breeze144
These brownies were a total flop. There was hardly enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan, so despite my best efforts they overcooked. The icing was a unique vanilla color, but very runny and I couldn't get it to set at all, even after adding more icing sugar and putting it in the fridge. Although I thought these sounded delicious, it wasn't a good recipe at all and I won't use it again. I even contacted the chef to ask for advice before posting this negative review, but I didn't recieve a response :( Sorry.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate and margarine in large saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently; remove from heat.
- Stir in the remaining brownie ingredients.
- Spread the mixture into a greased 9"x13" pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool the brownies.
- Mix together the FROSTING ingredients until smooth.
- Spread the frosting over the brownies.