Prep 12 mins
Cook 18 mins
Feel free to add other fresh ingredients you have on hand to your frittata, which is an Italian-style omelet.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons salted butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, about 2 ounces
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- Combine eggs and next four ingredients in a large bowl; beat well with a whisk. Add spaghetti, tomato, garlic and basil; stir well.
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray; melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Cook, uncovered, 13 minutes or until top is almost set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil; broil 4 to 5 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges.