from Aroma.com, I have not tried yet.
Make and share this Frittata in a Rice Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup fresh button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 large eggs, beaten (you may use egg substitute)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated (you may use Parmesan cheese)
- Coat the inner pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the spinach, mushrooms and onions.
- Add the eggs, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon the frittata into the inner pot. Close the lid and press the White Rice button and cook for 12-14 minutes.
- When done, the eggs should be firm on the bottom and almost set on the top. Use a plastic spatula to slice the frittata into wedges and serve.
I used fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and brie. I cooked the veggies in the cooker first then add the egg and cheese. I worked well!
~So, just bought a small 6 c. rice cooker and wanted to get a bit more use out of it other than just for rice. Did this recipe for dinner tonite and BOY, let me tell you--SO easy and SO good! Had no frozen spinach on hand so I used fresh, but wilted in a fry pan for a couple min. before adding. Also used part fat-free feta w/ part parmesan cheese. Will definitely make again!!