Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is fabulous!!
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 3⁄4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 3-inch long by 1/2-inch wide strips
- Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches.
- Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups Parmesan, the panko, and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Whisk the eggs in another medium bowl to blend.
- Working in batches, dip the zucchini in the eggs to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl.
- Coat the zucchini in the panko mixture, patting to adhere and coat completely.
- Place the zucchini strips on a baking sheet.
- When the oil is hot, working in batches, fry the zucchini sticks until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried zucchini to paper towels and drain.
- Arrange the fried zucchini on a platter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and serve.
We enjoyed this recipe. I added some garlic pepper seasoning by McCormick to the panko crumbs and some fresh ground black pepper. Gave the zucchini slices a extra flavor. The panko crumbs also gave a great crunch. I made Recipe#202143 to dip the zucchini in. Thanks so much for the recipe!