Recipe by BrainPudding
My wife is doing the low-carb thing, so I created this recipe hoping to give her a potato-like side dish.
Top Review by Lorodiam
Truly aweful. The measures are all wrong. The consistency is so bad that the patties are impossible to turn. In general this recipe isn't for Turnip Patties it's more for Turnip and Cheese mush.
- 4 cups turnips, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred turnips and cheese, chop onions and mince garlic.
- Combine all ingredients, excluding butter and oil.
- Press 1/3 to 1/2 cup turnip mixture into patties.
- I used a plastic patty maker.
- Add butter and oil to frying pan.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- When pan is nice and hot, gently place patty into pan and allow the bottom to thoroughly brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip and allow the other side to brown.
- Turning them was slightly difficult as the cheese is now molten.
- Remove from pan to paper towel.
- Cool slightly and serve.