Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Great finger food for parties from Paula Deen!
- 9 ounces frozen four-cheese ravioli
- 2 cups ground pecans
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook ravioli for 2 minutes. Place cooked ravioli on paper towels to drain; set aside.
- Combine pecans and cheese in a shallow dish. Whisk together milk, eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dip ravioli in egg mixture, then dredge in pecan mixture. Pour oil to a depth of 1/2" in a skillet or Dutch oven. Heat oil to 360°F Fry ravioli in batches, 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large saucepan, combine marinara sauce and cream. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Boil 2 minutes Remove from heat.
- Serve warm ravioli with Marinara Cream.
My family really enjoyed this recipe. I had a bit of trouble keeping the ground pecan mixture on the ravioli when it fried. I suspect I did not ground the pecans finely enough.
Very good. Made mine a little different just using italian bread crumbs instead of pecans and heated my sauce in the microwave. I was not disappointed.