The Best Fried Ravioli
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- Pour enough olive oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, put the buttermilk and the bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Working in batches, dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat completely. Allow the excess buttermilk to drip back into the bowl.
- Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs. Place the ravioli on a baking sheet, and continue with the remaining ravioli.
- When the oil is hot, fry the ravioli in batches, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle the fried ravioli with Parmesan and serve with a bowl of warmed marinara sauce for dipping.
I am on Hospice Home Care for Cancer and my poor wife is on Dialysis and has many other diseases. I do ALL the cooking for us. I am going to get the ingedients for this Fried Ravoli Recipe, when our SS check arrives (the 3rd) lol. My wife prefers Perogi and I am think of making YOUR recipe with Perogis and seasoning with Sour Cream and Green Tail Onions, probably Garlic too. What do YOU think?
I took some pointers from other reviewers in that I coated the ravioli in flour first, shook off the excess and then proceeded to the rest of the recipe as instructed. I also added some garlic powder, onion powder and a bit of adobo (why not?!) to the breadcrumbs. The breadcrumbs held to the ravioli with no problems. I will definitely be making this again. This is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Thank you for this recipe.