Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Can be made with any assortment of fillings. I like mozzerella and pepperoni.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (real potatoes)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix potatoes, egg and first 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs together with your hands.
- Mix in chopped pepperoni and mozzerella.
- Grab a handful of mixture, roll into a ball and flatten into a patty shape like a small hamburger. Can also make small balls for appetizers.
- Press into a dish of breadcrumbs and turn over to cover comletely.
- Fry in a large skillet with about 1/4 inch of hot oil, on both sides til brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towel and enjoy.
I learned the hard way that INSTANT MASHED POTATOES DO NOT WORK for this recipe--what I ended up with was a bowl of extremely tasty potato goo. Once I figured out (thanks to my helpful mom) that I had to use ACTUAL potatoes, this recipe was indeed quite simple and very yummy. I think next time I will add some garlic powder to the potatoes after mashing them to give the patties a little extra kick.
Very easy and tasty. I used Yukon Gold potatoes, marble cheese, and pepperoni. After forming the patties, I refrigerated them overnight, and found that the extra breadcrumbs for coating would not stick the next day...the surface of the patties dried out overnight. Next time, I'll cook them right away, to get them extra crispy with the crumbs.