1/4 Photos of Fried Mozzarella Sticks
Bay Laurel's Note:
I made these for my daughter, and I'll never buy store bought cheese sticks again because these are so quick and delicious. This recipe came straight from The Joy of Cooking. I'm thinking about getting a Fry Daddy...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the cheese into 8 3 1/2/x 1/2x1/2" sticks.
- 2Put flour into shallow dish and dredge the mozzarella sticks lightly in flour, shaking off the excess.
- 3One by one, dip in the beaten egg, coating completely, and then roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- 4Put the sticks on a plate and freeze for 15 minutes.
- 5Heat a deep fryer or heavy pot to 365 in 3 inches of oil.
- 6Fry the mozzarella sticks in 2 batches until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- 7Drain on paper towels and serve with hot marinara sauce.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Mozzarella Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 637.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 17.8 g