Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
very easy to make macaroni in tomato sauce. it is my special recipe my friends always request it because it is really saucy
- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni, any kind (except spaghetti)
- 1 green pepper slices
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil or 4 tablespoons ghee
- 5 -6 tablespoons tomato paste
- cold water
- salt & pepper
- chili powder, if you like it spicy
- Tabasco sauce
- put cooking oil in cooking pot and add the peppers till they get slightly.
- tender and turn a lighter shade of green then add the macaroni as is (don't boil).
- stir the macaroni around for 2 minutes till little bits of it turn white.
- then add the tomato paste till it is covered, add the salt & pepper.
- then add water till the macaroni is completely covered.
- stir every now and then so it doesn't stick.
- when the macaroni is cooked close fire when most of the water is dried.
- I usually put Egyptian Condiment (Daqua) published by Egyptian John check it out it gives it a completely different taste.
- ALSO YOU CAN ADD CHOPPED HOT DOGS TO IT & THE KIDS LOVE IT.
My family loves this macaroni. I have made it several times now and the only thing I added was onions and garlic to the green peppers. We are garlic addicts and it gives it a little more kick. We also have Egyptian John's recipe of daqua on hand most all the time and per your recommendation we used it on this and it was wonderful. Thank you for posting.