Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is something my mom would do with the leftover honey baked ham from Christmas or Easter. My husband just loves this easy recipe.
- Use a large skillet; pour enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- On a plate, place enough flour to cover the plate.
- Then rolled your ham in the flour until well coated.
- When oil is starting to sizzle place ham in the skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Placed on paper towels to drained the excess oil off.
I thought this was going to be mediocre but I figured I'd give it a try anyway. I was wrong. I thought this was delicious. I was also surprised at how different it made the ham taste. I'll make this again!
This was great and so easy! Heat oil, dredge ham steak, fry until brown. The only glitch was trying to keep the breading on when turning with tongs. I ended up reflouring the first side and refrying it, and that solved the problem. I should have patted the steak dry first. I used a Kirkland (Costco) brand ham steak. I served this with macaroni and cheese and green beans. My husband, 6 year old and 2 year old all loved it, which is rare! Thank you!
My husband loved this recipe, also. I couldn't believe how different it made the ham taste. I also loved it. Very simple to prepare and fried in no time. I sure will use this recipe, often. Thanks, Bjtaillights