This is about as southern as you can get.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add water and salt to a saucepan; bring to a boil; stir in grits.
- 2Cook grits until done, following the package directions.
- 3Remove saucepan from heat.
- 4Add in bacon and 1 tablespoon butter; stir until the butter melts.
- 5Pour grits into a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loafpan.
- 6Cool; cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- 7Remove grits by turning the pan over; cut loaf into 1/2 inch slices.
- 8Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large fry pan.
- 9Fry slices over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Grits
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 242.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g