Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from DOWN HOME WITH THE NEELYS. I had to try this recipe. I served it to some co-workers who thought I was crazy for frying string beans. It very good and crunchy.
- peanut oil, for frying
- 236.59 ml beer
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 453.59 g green beans, ends trimmed
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk the beer,flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Dip green beans into batter to coat, letting excess drip off. Fry in the peanut oil in batches, until they are golden and crisp. Remove from oil with a spider strainer to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: I like to dip with homemade wasabi mayo.
Wow! Better than Schwan's Green Bean Fries that are dipped in batter and baked. We dipped in chili sauce and ranch dressing. Great recipe!
These were great! I couldn't stop eating them. Actually very quick to make, and hard to mess up. My kind of recipe!