Recipe by mightyro_cooking4u
This recipe is from DOWN HOME WITH THE NEELYS. I had to try this recipe. I served it to some co-workers who thought I was crazy for frying string beans. It very good and crunchy.
- peanut oil, for frying
- 236.59 ml beer
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 453.59 g green beans, ends trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk the beer,flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Dip green beans into batter to coat, letting excess drip off. Fry in the peanut oil in batches, until they are golden and crisp. Remove from oil with a spider strainer to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: I like to dip with homemade wasabi mayo.