Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I found this recipe in the TOH " 2000 Quick Cooking Cookbook ". It was sent in to them by Lynn Negaard from Litchfield, Minnesota.I've now made this, and changed the amount of servings. This recipe was made into 20 balls, which will serve 4 people. I did change a few things to suit mine and SO's personal tastes.If you like you could make them a smaller size and serve them as an appetizer. Submitted to " ZAAR " on March 27th, 2009
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can salmon, drain and remove bone and skin if desired
- oil (for deep frying)
- tartar sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl,mix well the first seven ingredients.
- Stir in the salmon.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Heat oil in a deep fat fry to 375 degrees, fry nuggets for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden color is reached.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Tartar Sauce if desired.