Top Review by Starrynews
Easy and quick to prepare! The combo of sweet and zesty BBQ sauce with the peppery arugula was delightful. I had to use sharp orange cheddar, since I couldn't find the white. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 44
- olive oil, for frying
- 3⁄4 cup baby arugula leaf
- 1 -2 lightly fried egg (depends on how hungry you are)
- 2 -3 tablespoons barbecue sauce (*homemade* only!)
- 2 -3 tablespoons sharp white cheddar cheese, freshly grated (I used New Zealand grass fed white cheddar)
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (*fresh * only!)
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat then add the olive oil.
- Arrange the arugula leaves on a plate.
- Gently crack the egg(s) and lightly fry for 3 minutes, or to your preference.
- Carefully arrange the fried egg on the arugula leaves.
- Spoon barbecue sauce on and around the egg and greens.
- Grate cheese on top followed by a garnish of fresh cilantro.
- Season with cracked black pepper.