Found this recipe on another site and plan to make it this week. My Honey loves eggplant so this variation should be good!
- Sprinkle the salt onto the eggplants slices and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the salt from the eggplant slices and pat them dry.
- Form sandwiches out of 2 slices of eggplant with a slice of mozzarella and a basil leaf in the middle.
- Dredge the eggplant sandwiches in the flour.
- Dip them into the egg and then in the bread crumbs to coat.
- Fry in oil until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes each.
- Cut into four and serve with a tasty tomato sauce.