Stir-Fried Eggplant and Tofu
My first stab at cooking tofu for myself was such a delicious success that I'm having another go at it. This recipe is from Sunset magazine, featuring one of my favorite vegetables - yummy, beautiful eggplant.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (18 ounce) package firm tofu, drained, cut into 1 1/2- by 2-in . chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb eggplant, cut into 1- by 3-in . strips
- 1 small bell pepper, cut into 1-in . pieces
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over high heat, add tofu, and gently cook, turning tofu occasionally, until browned slightly, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer tofu to a plate.
- Cook garlic, eggplant, and bell pepper in pan until softened, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, and oyster sauce and cook until heated through, another 2 minutes.
- Return tofu to pan and gently stir to coat.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil leaves.
- Serve over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION