1/13 Photos of Fried Egg and Cheese Sandwich
This is an old family favorite. I have added a little heat to it with the pepper flakes. Fried onions are also a nice option to make it a little special. Try it with a little Thousand Island Dressing. Cheddar cheese is fine but Cheez Whiz does the trick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt margarine in frying pan.
- 2Add egg (don't break the yolk, but if you do that is alright too!).
- 3Gently fry the egg.
- 4Sprinkle the egg with the salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. (if you don't like hot, leave them off).
- 5Flip the egg over. I like the yolk to be a bit soft. Polk the yolk after you have turned the egg so that a bit of the yolk seeps out.
- 6Spread the Cheez Whiz on one side of the bread.
- 7Put the egg on the bread and top with the other slice of bread. (I like the side with the pepper flakes to meet the Cheez Whiz).
- 8Return the sandwich to your fryng pan and grill until golden, flip over and grill the other side. (I don't butter the sandwich before frying).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Egg and Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.6
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 198.3 mg
- Sodium 685.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 12.1 g