Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from Paula Deen Magazine. This is a great way to start the day for any avocado lover.
- 29.58 ml cream cheese, softened
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2.46 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 2.46 ml green onion, minced
- 2 slice bacon
- 1 large egg
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 2 slice tomatoes
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Spread cream cheese over 1 piece of toast.
- Sprinkle with parsley and green onion.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Drain grease from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- In same small skillet, fry egg in reserved bacon grease over medium-low heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place egg over cream cheese mixture. Top with bacon, tomato and avocado.
Loved this sandwich. It's similair to #237028, except that one is on bagels. Couple small changes, I agree some of the portions were off for us. We did 1/2 of the avocado & layered it 2nd so it did slide around as much. I mixed together the green onion (or fresh chives) & parsley with the cream cheese to blend the flavours abit. I increased the bacon & cut the salt in 1/2. Also added some jalapendo & bell peppers in the pan & then cooked the egg(s) on top on them. Awesome recipe with lots of flavour & nutrients to start off the morning right.
Delicious! I really enjoyed this for brunch today. Thanks!
My Daughter made this for breakfast this morning and it was really good and different. She did suggest that some of the portions are too much for this recipe and had to cut down a bit on the onion, salt and avocado. The only thing I would do differently next time is mash the avocado and use it as a spread as sliced avocado wouldn't stay on my sandwich. Thanks for a new twist on breakfast. Made for PAC 08.