Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From The Tapas Cookbook. Serves 6-8 as part of a tapas meal.
- 25 ounces chorizo sausage (1 pound 9 ounces/700 g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, chopped
- With a sharp knife, slice chorizo ¼-inch/5-mm thick.
- Heat a large, heavy bottom skillet. Add the chorizo slices, without any additional fat, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until crisp and browned.
- Remove chorizo from pan with slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet over a medium-low heat. Add the chorizo slices, garlic, and herbs and cook stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Serve immediately.