Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I started making this salad for an easy lunch or dinner years ago after having one something like it at a restaurant named Grady's that is now closed. Adults and kids love it.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (or favorite)
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb of frozen chicken tenders
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 teaspoons of favorite barbecue sauce
- tomatoes (optional)
- 1 cucumber (optional)
- Boil eggs and let them cool.
- Bake chicken tenders according to directions on package(I have also used leftover chicken in this).
- Tear or prepare lettuce as normal.
- Add cheese, tomato, and cucumber to lettuce.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put into lettuce mixture.
- Dice eggs and add into mixture.
- Mix together ranch dressing and barbeque sauce(I use more than above since we love this dressing) and pour desired amount over salad.
- I do individual salads with this instead of mixing all together. The chicken tends to sink to the bottom.
- You can add whatever other veggies you want to it but my kids won't eat onions, peppers, etc so I skip them.
Yummy salad and quick to put together. I put the salad together in the time it took me to cook the chicken tenders then...voila! I will keep this in mind when I need something delicious, quick!
I'm on a gorge fest. Wish I could find a way to unembarrass myself.
We loved this! It was better than any restaurant fried chicken salad that I've ever had. I left out the croutons and the cucumber because I was out of them. The dressing was so simple and tasted great! I used Sweet Baby Ray's sweet onion sauce. Fantastic! Thanks so much for posting!