Recipe by Queenofcamping
I started making this salad for an easy lunch or dinner years ago after having one something like it at a restaurant named Grady's that is now closed. Adults and kids love it.
Top Review by Julie F
Yummy salad and quick to put together. I put the salad together in the time it took me to cook the chicken tenders then...voila! I will keep this in mind when I need something delicious, quick!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (or favorite)
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb of frozen chicken tenders
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 teaspoons of favorite barbecue sauce
- tomatoes (optional)
- 1 cucumber (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil eggs and let them cool.
- Bake chicken tenders according to directions on package(I have also used leftover chicken in this).
- Tear or prepare lettuce as normal.
- Add cheese, tomato, and cucumber to lettuce.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put into lettuce mixture.
- Dice eggs and add into mixture.
- Mix together ranch dressing and barbeque sauce(I use more than above since we love this dressing) and pour desired amount over salad.
- I do individual salads with this instead of mixing all together. The chicken tends to sink to the bottom.
- You can add whatever other veggies you want to it but my kids won't eat onions, peppers, etc so I skip them.