Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A different take on fresh tuna salads
- 12 ounces tuna steaks
- 6 cups leafy greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red onion
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- In a skillet or grill pan sprayed with cooking spray, cook tuna over medium high heat for about 5 mnutes, turning once, or until medium rare. Set aside.
- To make salad; In a serving bowl, toss lettuce, tomatoes, onion s and olives.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, combine dressing ingedients, reserving 1 tsp sesame seeds.
- Slice tuna thinly; place over top of salad. Pour dressing over; toss gently. Sprinkle with cilantro and remaining sesame seeds.
Oh, my! This salad is EXCELLENT! Everything is perfect from the salad ingredients to the dressing. The sliced seared rare tuna was a real treat. This is perfect for a summer lunch or dinner. It's a complete meal. I made this exactly as written and I will ne making this again for sure. Thanx!