Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Please use home grown tomatoes for this! Don't even bother if you can't get them. I make this constantly during tomato season!
- 1 lb home grown tomatoes, diced with skin on
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped or chiffonaded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients, let sit at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over pasta of your choice.
- Makes enough sauce for 1/2 pound pasta.