Recipe by JanuaryBride
As stated on the Whole Foods website, "Serve this salad by itself, on a bed of greens or roll it up in wraps for an easy and refreshing summer meal. Heirloom tomatoes come in a rainbow of colors. In the summer, green, striped, yellow, orange and purple tomatoes can be purchased at the market. If available, choose three different colors to make this a gorgeous summer harvest salad. The dill sour cream in this recipe also pairs well with fresh vegetables." This recipe is low calorie, low fat and gluten-free. NOTE: After making this fabulous salad, I recommend a light sprinkle of Old Bay Seasoning atop the salad right before serving. . .makes it pretty and tastes great too!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 lb cooked crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together sour cream, dill, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Put tomatoes, crab, chives, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper into a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Spoon tomato and crab salad onto plates and serve with dollops of the dill sour cream on the side for dipping.