Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Plump, fragrant, sweet fresh strawberries call for their season to be extended throughout the year. The perfect answer-make a supply of your own delicous jam to spread on hot biscuits, ladle on crisp waffles or dot on home-baked cookies. Make several extra jars to keep on hand to share with friends-a lovning gift from your own kitchen. Deliciossso!!!
- Wash berries. Slice, combine with sugar in a 4-quart enameled or stainless-steel pot.
- Let stand several hours or over-night, until natural juices form.
- Bring jam to boiling. Stir very gently until sugar dissolves.
- Keep at a moderate boil for 10 minute Add gratd orangerind andorange juice.
- Return to heat and bring toboiling again. Test for a jelly-stage of 220 degrees on a candy thermometer (or when the liquid slides from spoon to form a large drop). This will be about 3 minute after jam returns to boling. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Pour hot jam into hot, sterilized jars. Seal according to manufacturer's instructions.