Recipe by akgrown
This is delicious layered cake that is pretty enough for company but easy enough to make you want to make it again. It has a creamy layer sandwiched between moist cake and fresh strawberries and glaze. Can be made up to a day ahead. Work time includes refrigeration time.
Top Review by Rugbug
I have made a recipe very similar to this for many years. The differences are instead of the heavy cream I fold in one small container of cool whip and for the glaze I use 2 packets of strawberry junket made for pie. It spreads easily and is great.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxmoist white cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1 -2 lb fresh strawberries
- 8 -12 ounces premade strawberry glaze (I like Marie's brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together cake layer ingredients until well-mixed. Pour into a greased and floured sheet pan and bake at 350* for about 20-25 minutes. (until toothpick comes out clean) Allow cake to cool to room temperature. (I usually do all this the day before.).
- Cream together powdered sugar and cream cheese.
- Fold in whipped cream. (you could use Cool Whip, but I prefer real cream).
- Spread cream mixture over the baked and cooled cake.
- Slice fresh strawberries in half and arrange prettily cut side up over the cream layer.
- Pour glaze over the cut strawberries so that no white cream layer shows though.
- This cake is best served cold, so I always refrigerate for a couple hours before serving. Slice in squares and serve.