Strawberry Cream Cake
photo by FDADELKARIM
- Ready In:
- Blend the cream cheese & confectioners sugar with a mixer in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add the cool whip to the cream cheese until it is well blended.
- Put 10 strawberries & 2 tablespoons of sugar into a food processor & puree them. (Use the less attractive strawberries for this.).
- Pour the strawberries into the cream cheese mixture & stir. Refrigerate until ready to frost the cake.
- Cut the rest of the strawberries in half, then in half again. Place into a bowl with 1 tablespoon of sugar & gently stir.
- Cut the angle food cake crosswise & take off the top, place to the side for later.
- Put a thin layer of the mixture on top of the bottom half of the cake. Place a thin layer of strawberries over the frosting, then cover with another thin layer of cream cheese mixture.
- Place the other half of the cake back on top. Cover the rest of the outside of the cake with the remaining mixture. Decorate the top of the cake with the rest of the strawberries.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator so the frosting doesn't melt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Love how it looked, those who ate it ate it well! (DH said it was alright, mother asked for the iceing recipe, father raved, sisters liked it a lot along with friends so yes it is good!) (I am gluten free, ect, ect so I would not try it). I used a good boxed brand angel food cake which I made, fresh strawberries which I sliced rather than quartered so they were all over the cakes sides and top (also added a drizzling of strawberry sundae syrup to one portion that was a gift - loved the look of it that way too and it was all eaten up and raved over). I also used regular Cool Whip, Philadelphia brand cream cheese, plus the rest of the ingredients. We didn't have enough icing because I was unable to make the total amount called for so we just had it over the cake without filling, they said in retrospect it didn't need it and would be too rich but I think if I made it again, for looks I would do it!! Then again I am just looking at it lol. Made for RAMADAN TAG 2012!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.