Recipe by Nif
This is a decadent and relatively low fat dessert that is such a treat for you and your guests if you want to share! Make sure to use the best ingredients for this for the best results. Please note that the total amount of strawberries is 3.5 cups - there are 2 amounts prepped differently. Enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fresh organic strawberry, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups fresh organic strawberries, hulled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine lemon juice, butter and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Place beaten egg yolks in a small bowl. Spoon 2 tablespoons lemon juice mixture into egg yolks, mix well then add back to remaining lemon juice mixture. Return to heat and slowly bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once mixture is boiling, remove from heat and cool.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup diced strawberries, sugar and water. Puree until smooth to form sauce.
- Place 2 tablespoons strawberry sauce on each plate. Top with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon curd.