Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a decadent and relatively low fat dessert that is such a treat for you and your guests if you want to share! Make sure to use the best ingredients for this for the best results. Please note that the total amount of strawberries is 3.5 cups - there are 2 amounts prepped differently. Enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fresh organic strawberry, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups fresh organic strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine lemon juice, butter and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Place beaten egg yolks in a small bowl. Spoon 2 tablespoons lemon juice mixture into egg yolks, mix well then add back to remaining lemon juice mixture. Return to heat and slowly bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once mixture is boiling, remove from heat and cool.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup diced strawberries, sugar and water. Puree until smooth to form sauce.
- Place 2 tablespoons strawberry sauce on each plate. Top with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon curd.
Delicious dessert! The lemon curd works wonderfully with the strawberries. Thanks for sharing! ZWT6
Excellent dessert - loved the combo of the rich/creamy/tart curd and the fresh fruit. Thanks.
this is a delicious dessert, I just used the juice of one whole lemon and that seemed to work fine, this would make a wonderful dessert to serve at dinner party, thanks for sharing Nif, this was made for KK's Strawberry Patch game