Fresh Strawberries and Cream Bread
A wonderful yummy quick bread made with fresh strawberries and sour cream. Makes a great addition to a brunch table. Recipe found on the internet.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then add sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in strawberries and 1/2 c nuts.
- Pour into greased 8x4x2 loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 to 70- minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe is amazing! I have used it with strawberries and with blueberries, I have used an equal mixture of wheat and white flour, I have done the yogurt sub for sour cream...I have accidentally mixed things out of order...this recipe has turned out wonderfully every time. I had to make this once a week every week last summer, sometimes as muffins, and I make it often now as well. Really a recipe that will stay in my cookbook and get passed down. FANTASTIC!
My DH decided he wanted to bake (I of course have to leave any area of my kitchen--can you imagine?) So i gave him this recipe, because it sounded good and I had strawberries to use. I did have him increase the strawberries to 1 cup as recommended by others and the 65 minutes of baking was fine. So very good. Thanks Marie. I'm sure he'll add this to his own list of recipes like "Eggs Benedict" Very good. (we even used low fat sour cream with no probs)