Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious salad from Linda Fraser's "Vegetarian Cooking".
Make and share this Fresh Spinach and Avocado Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lime, juice of
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cut into chunks
- 2 ounces radishes, sliced
- radish, cut into roses, to garnish
- herbs, sprigs to garnish
- 4 ounces soft silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch cayenne, plus extra to serve
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and strip off the skin.
- Cut the flesh into slices.
- Transfer to a plate, drizzle with the lime juice and set aside.
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves.
- Put into mixing bowl.
- Cut the larger cherry tomatoes in half and add all the tomatoes to the mixing bowl, with the scallions, cucumbers, and sliced radishes.
- Make the dressing: Put the tofu, milk, mustard, wine vinegar, and cayenne into a food processor or blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Process for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Add a little extra milk for a thinner dressing.
- Scrape the dressing into the bowl with the vegetables, and toss to mix.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cayenne and garnish with radish roses and herb sprigs.