Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious salad from Linda Fraser's "Vegetarian Cooking".
Make and share this Fresh Spinach and Avocado Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lime, juice of
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cut into chunks
- 2 ounces radishes, sliced
- radish, cut into roses, to garnish
- herbs, sprigs to garnish
- 4 ounces soft silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch cayenne, plus extra to serve
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and strip off the skin.
- Cut the flesh into slices.
- Transfer to a plate, drizzle with the lime juice and set aside.
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves.
- Put into mixing bowl.
- Cut the larger cherry tomatoes in half and add all the tomatoes to the mixing bowl, with the scallions, cucumbers, and sliced radishes.
- Make the dressing: Put the tofu, milk, mustard, wine vinegar, and cayenne into a food processor or blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Process for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Add a little extra milk for a thinner dressing.
- Scrape the dressing into the bowl with the vegetables, and toss to mix.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cayenne and garnish with radish roses and herb sprigs.