Delicious salad from Linda Fraser's "Vegetarian Cooking".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lime, juice of
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into chunks
- 2 ounces radishes, sliced
- radish, cut into roses, to garnish
- herbs, sprigs to garnish
- 1Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and strip off the skin.
- 2Cut the flesh into slices.
- 3Transfer to a plate, drizzle with the lime juice and set aside.
- 4Wash and dry the spinach leaves.
- 5Put into mixing bowl.
- 6Cut the larger cherry tomatoes in half and add all the tomatoes to the mixing bowl, with the scallions, cucumbers, and sliced radishes.
- 7Make the dressing: Put the tofu, milk, mustard, wine vinegar, and cayenne into a food processor or blender.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Process for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- 10Add a little extra milk for a thinner dressing.
- 11Scrape the dressing into the bowl with the vegetables, and toss to mix.
- 12Sprinkle with a little extra cayenne and garnish with radish roses and herb sprigs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Spinach and Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar