Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
Fresh green summery side dish from Andrea Reusing. 3 cloves of garlic can be substituted for the green garlic, and frozen peas for the fresh.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 small stalk green garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peas
- 2 small head butter lettuce
- black pepper, to taste
- Wash and core the lettuce, tearing it into large pieces.
- Heat butter in a 12" skillet, add garlic and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add peas and cook until bright green, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining butter, and lettuce along with 1 tbsp water. Remove from heat and stir until just wilted. Serve immediately.
I made this with frozen peas and regular garlic. It was very good and I'll definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8-France.