I came up with this recipe cuz of an abundance of peaches on my tree. I just love the sweet peaches in the flaky puff pastry!
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- As you're slicing the peaches, save the juice.
- Combine peach juice with sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add peaches, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cool slightly.
- Lightly roll out each pastry sheet on floured surface.
- Cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Place some of peach filling on half of each square. Brush edges with beaten egg. Fold over into a triangle (or rectangle) and press to seal edges (or crimp with fork).
- Place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 400º for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown and puffy.
- Cool on racks.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Or frost with a powdered sugar frosting.
Works with frozen peaches too. Just strain, thicken and sweeten juice, and add peaches, ....
BRAVO....these are easy to make and really yummy! Thanks for sharing, I will make them again in the future!!!
Had just bought alot of peaches and was looking for a good turnover recipe using puff pastry. this was just what I was looking for. thanks