1/1 Photo of Fresh Peach Turnovers
I came up with this recipe cuz of an abundance of peaches on my tree. I just love the sweet peaches in the flaky puff pastry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400º.
- 2As you're slicing the peaches, save the juice.
- 3Combine peach juice with sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- 4Add peaches, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6Lightly roll out each pastry sheet on floured surface.
- 7Cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- 8Place some of peach filling on half of each square. Brush edges with beaten egg. Fold over into a triangle (or rectangle) and press to seal edges (or crimp with fork).
- 9Place on baking sheets.
- 10Bake at 400º for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown and puffy.
- 11Cool on racks.
- 12Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Or frost with a powdered sugar frosting.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Peach Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.9
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 171.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g