Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe cuz of an abundance of peaches on my tree. I just love the sweet peaches in the flaky puff pastry!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 lbs fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg (beaten with 1 teaspoon water)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- As you're slicing the peaches, save the juice.
- Combine peach juice with sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add peaches, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cool slightly.
- Lightly roll out each pastry sheet on floured surface.
- Cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Place some of peach filling on half of each square. Brush edges with beaten egg. Fold over into a triangle (or rectangle) and press to seal edges (or crimp with fork).
- Place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 400º for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown and puffy.
- Cool on racks.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Or frost with a powdered sugar frosting.
Thanks much for sharing this recipe, one I need to keep on file so I can actually make it with fresh peaches next time around! Meanwhile, I did it up with canned peaches & was pleased with the results! With home grown, though, or with nice ripe peaches in season, this would be an even greater hit! Thanks for sharing this! [Tagged made & reviewed as a bonus tag in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]
Love how super quick and easy these are to make! I normally do't make too many pastry based desserts as I find them a bit of a faff, but I love when recipes call for puff pastry; life is too short to make your own! The filling is delicious too, I had around 1/4 cup leftover, after making all my turnovers (I was wary about overfilling them!) so I served the leftover filling with the turnovers; delicious!
Works with frozen peaches too. Just strain, thicken and sweeten juice, and add peaches, ....