Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Diabetic Living.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin, unflavored
- 1⁄2 cup peach nectar or 1⁄2 cup apricot nectar
- 3 peaches
- 6 ounces low-fat peach yogurt, low-fat peach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar or sugar substitute and gelatin. Stir in nectar. Cook and stir until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat.
- In blender, combine peaches or apricots, yogurt, and vanilla. Cover; blend until smooth. Pour into a small bowl. Stir in gelatin mixture. Cover; freeze for 4 to 5 hours or until almost firm. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed about 2 minutes or until fluffy. Transfer to a plastic wrap-lined 8x4x2-inch pan. Cover; freeze about 4 hours more or until firm. (Or freeze in a 2-quart ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. If desired, ripen [see tip, page?].).
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.