In 'Muffins' by Elizabeth Alston
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; grease muffin cups or use foil or paper baking cups.
- 2Finely chop the ginger; finely grate the lemon peel so you have 2 tablespoons.
- 3In a big bowl, beat butter and 1 cup sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs, one at a time; add ginger and lemon peel.
- 5Stir baking soda into yogurt or buttermilk; it will start to bubble and rise up.
- 6Fold flour into ginger mixture one third at a time, alternately with the yogurt.
- 7When well blended, scoop into muffin cups; bake 18-20 minutes, or until lightly browned and springy to the touch.
- 8While the muffins bake, mix lemon juice and the 2 tablespoons sugar in a small dish; stir until sugar dissolves.
- 9When muffins are baked, remove from oven and let cool 3-5 minutes in pan.
- 10Remove from pan and dip top and bottom in the lemon juice and sugar mixture.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Lemon and Ginger Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1070 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 181.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g