My whole family enjoys the taste of lemon, and I was looking for a cool refreshing dessert for a family dinner after my son's baseball tourney. I couldn't find what I wanted, so I took some from here, some from there, and this is what I came up with.
- In food processor bowl with metal blade, combine cream cheese, pudding mixes, milk, lemon peel and lemon juice; process until smooth.
- Gently fold in whipped topping until well blended.
- Arrange 1/3 of angel food loaf in bottom of trifle dish.
- Spoon 1/3 of pudding mixture evenly over angel food.
- Repeat, forming 2 additional layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- If desired, serve garnished with thin lemon twists and fresh mint leaves.
- Store in refrigerator.