Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I started with a recipe from Martha Stewart Living magazine, then added more herbs, vidalia onion, and Parmesan cheese. This is wonderful!
- 2 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml vidalia onion, grated (or red onion)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml coarse black pepper
- 1.23-2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 28.39 ml red wine vinegar
- 28.39 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml sunflower oil or 118.29 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 4.92 ml parmesan cheese (optional)
- Whisk garlic, sugar, mustard, grated onion, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, vinegars, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together oils; add to vinegar mixture in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Whisk in herbs, celery seeds, and Parmesan cheese.
- season with extra salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week. Enjoy!
A bit more than 15 minutes prep for me, but worth it! Great herb flavors. Thanks, Sharon! Made for PRMR.
Fabulously fresh, tangy and easy! I made this for a dinner party of 10 last night, and everyone raved! there is a bit too much oil and not enough lemon juice, but it is a wonderful overall recipe! I will definitely try it again. I am making recipe cards for all of my guests with the spices already in it to take home and recreate! ciao!
Wonderful and light with a great combination of flavors. I'll be making this again. Thanks Sharon.