Recipe by Sharon123
From The Splendid Table, this is delicious!
Top Review by katew
5 stars to a recipe where I can use my home grown herbs - this was great and I used a leek instead of green onion and my fresh herbs were sage, oregano and chives - served with ravioli - just marvellous thanks Sharon !!
- 1 lb pasta, of choice (linguini is good)
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups domestic asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion, green and white parts
- 1⁄4 cup tightly packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup tightly packed fresh marjoram
- 1 large orange, zest of, shredded (preferably organic)
- 4 -5 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 medium red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Set a 6-quart pot of water (fill 3/4 full, adding 1 tablespoon salt) to boil, covered.
- Add pasta. Cook according to pkg. directions(usually about 10 mins.).
- Put all the herbs, zest,garlic and onion together on a cutting board.
- Chop all together until garlic is about 1/4 inch. Heat 2 tbls. extra-virgin olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add herb/garlic/onion mixture to pan, lower heat to medium, and sauté with salt and freshly ground black pepper, taking care not to burn garlic-it should go about 5 minutes and be light blonde.
- Set sauce aside while cooking pasta. Just before draining, stir 2/3 cup pasta water into pan. Drain pasta, bring herb sauce to boil, and then add pasta to pan. Toss over medium low heat about 2 minutes. Season to taste and then toss with cheese. Turn into a bowl and serve. Enjoy!