Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so good! I got it from a friend of mine a year ago and just made it for the first time. It's so good even 2 days later as all the flavors keep blending together. Just make sure you don't over cook your fresh green beans... keep them crisp and green!
- 2 lbs fresh green beans (cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 24 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Steam green beans in, covered, 5-8 minuntes, just until crisp.
- Drain beans and dump into a bowl of cold water. Drain again.
- Combine beans with tomatoes and onions and set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- Combine both bowls together in large bowl and mix well. Let refridgerate at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve cold or room temperature.