Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Iranian salad posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Fresh Herb and Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 scallions, sliced (with tops)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- plain yogurt
- Arrange tomatoes on serving platter.
- Chop herbs and scallions.
- Mix remaining ingredients except cheese and yogurt; sprinkle over tomatoes. Sprinkle cheese over herbs.
- Serve with yogurt.
What a wonderfully refreshing salad! So simple, with a lovely presentation. This was very much enjoyed. Thanks for sharing! ZWT6
This salad had a very cool flavor from the mint and the mildness of the other ingredients. Besides going well with Persian food, I think it would be wonderful to accompany a curry of some sort, as a counterbalance to the flavors. Since the yogurt and the herbs tamed the tang of the feta cheese, I don't see any reason why soft goat cheese or even cottage cheese would not work as well in this salad. Made for ZWT6. Thanks for sharing!