Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Basic recipe is from Pioneer Woman but I altered it a little. I had to splurge since it was our first fresh green beans for the summer so I used bacon grease. YUM Next time olive oil.
- Snap the ends of beans and into the desired length.
- Melt bacon grease (or heat olive oil) in a skillet over medium low heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook for a minute.
- Add green beans and cook for a minute until beans turn bright green.
- Add the chicken stock, chopped red pepper and S&P.
- Turn the heat to low, cover leaving the lid cracked for steam to escape.
- Cook for 25 minutes or so until liquid is evaporated and beans are soft.