Irongut61 (Chef #694523)'s Note:
Claire Robinson (Food Network TV) 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 onion, vidalia prefferred (1/4 C onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons portabella mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes cereal (recommended Corn Flakes)
- 2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Bring a large pot of slated water to a boil over medium heat. Add the beans and cook for until just tender but still firm, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the beans from the water to a large bowl of ice water to preserve color and to stop the cooking. Drain the beans and set aside.
- 3Melt 2 TB of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent. Stir in the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and saute about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir for another minute, to cook out the raw flour taste, and then whisk in th sour cream. Simmer for just a couple of minutes to bring the flavors togehter and taste for seasoning.
- 4Cut the green beans into 2-inch pieces. Melt the remaining 2 TB of butter in a small pan. Crush the cereal flakes in a resealable plastic bag and add them to the pan with the butter. Toss to coat.
- 5Spread the green beans over the bottom of a 9-inch casserole dish.
- 6Pour all of the mushroom sauce mixture over the beans and top with the grated cheese.
- 7Sprinkle with the butter cereal flakes and bake until light golden brown and bubbly, approsimately 20 minutes.
- 8Remove from the oven and serve.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.9
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.3 mg
- Sodium 367.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.6 g