Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is served at Wunsche Bros. Cafe in Old Town Spring and was printed in Texas Ties, a Junior League cookbook of North Harris County. If you go to Wunsche Bros., they serve beer bread alongside. Yum! I sometimes substitute rum extract for the liquor. Cooking time is chilling time of the Rum Raisin Sauce.
- 1 cantaloupe, coarsely chopped
- 1 honeydew melon, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 2 cups grapes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light rum, plus
- 1 teaspoon light rum
- 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Combine fruits in a crystal serving bowl and mix gently.
- Serve with Rum Raisin Sauce.
- RUM RAISIN SAUCE: Combine sour cream, brown sugar, rum and Irish whiskey in a bowl, whisking until blended.
- Fold in raisins.
- Chill, covered for at least 2 hours.
I tried it and it was very good! I didn't have whiskey and omitted the raisins. It's a keeper! It's very light and not at all overpowering. Just a little extra something for the fruit. We used apples, mango, pear, pineapple and honeydew melon! Thanks for posting!