Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light and refreshing dessert or side dish. It is great for hot summer days served chilled. **If you're not a fan of grapefruit, it tastes great with oranges as well.**
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 pineapple (can use canned)
- 1 quart strawberry
- 1 quart blueberries
- 4 cups watermelon, cut up
- 1 grapefruit
- Cut cantalope and honeydew melon in half, remove seeds and cut or scoop bite size pieces.
- Place in large bowl.
- Cut up pineapple and add to bowl.
- Clean strawberries, cut into quarters and add to bowl.
- Clean blueberries and add to bowl.
- Add watermelon to bowl.
- Cut grapefruit in half.
- With cut side up (so seeds don't get into salad), squeeze grapefruit juice into salad. Can use a half or can use juice from both halves of grapefruit.
- Gently mix fruit.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.
Well, I couldn't come up with a good honeydew or watermelon, but I found everything else, then replaced the grapefruit with oranges! It was great the way I made it, but this summer it'll be nice to make it as indicated, too! And, yes, it goes well with either yogurt OR cottage cheese, as I tried it with both! Many thanks! [Made & reviewed as a tagged bonus recipe for one of my invitees to the AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]
this is a great recipe lowin fat and simple to make. just as a suggestion it also tastes great with low fat yoghurt