Recipe by LAURIE
Simple, cooling salad with multi fruits that you can vary as desired to what you have on hand. Cook time includes cooling time.
Top Review by Rita~
This is a cooling refreshing creamy dessert, breakfast,salad or snack! The only things I did different is toss in mint throughout the fruits and I microwaved the cream. Thanks Laurie!
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lemon (juice and grated rind)
- 2 oranges (naval works best)
- 2 bananas
- 2 unpeeled apples (I use a green and a red)
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, eggs, salt, cornstarch and lemon.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat until it starts to boil and thicken.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate to cool.
- While sauce is cooling, peel oranges and section them.
- Slice bananas.
- Core and chop apples into chunks.
- Cut berries into quarters.
- Combine all fruits in serving bowl.
- When sauce is cool, pour over fruits and toss gently to coat each piece.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Before serving I garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg and mint leaves.