Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple, but elegant.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 2 peaches, peeled and quartered
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 3 plums, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄4 lb cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- whipped cream (optional)
- Combine sugar and water in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add apples, peaches, pears, plums, cherries, lemon juice, and cinnamon sticks. Cook over med. heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally; cool. Stir in strawberries, and chill. Serve with WHipped cream, if desired.