Recipe by Bonnie Baker
I was trying to find easy recipes that I could make quickly and with as few ingrediants as possible and I got this book in the mail (Kraft What's Cooking) and started flipping through it and came up with this winner.
Top Review by sugarpea
Great fresh tomato sauce. Made this with feta cheese and added a couple more fresh herbs (oregano and parsley) just because I had them. I made a vinaigrette with 3T olive oil, 1T balsamic vinegar and 1/2tsp Italian seasoning rather than purchase an entire bottle of Kraft dressing. Perfect use of garden-fresh tomatoes.
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kraft signature balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 cups coarsley chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup grated Kraft 100% Parmesan Cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta as directed on package; drain.
- Keep warm.
- Cook garlic and onion in dressing in large non-stick fry pan for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes; cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Toss with pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm.
- Serve with grilled Chicken,if desired.
- I added Prawns to mine.
- Substitute Kraft Signature Sundried Tomato and Oregano Dressing (which is what I used) and different pastas such as Penne for different variations.