Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was trying to find easy recipes that I could make quickly and with as few ingrediants as possible and I got this book in the mail (Kraft What's Cooking) and started flipping through it and came up with this winner.
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kraft signature balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 cups coarsley chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup grated Kraft 100% Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare pasta as directed on package; drain.
- Keep warm.
- Cook garlic and onion in dressing in large non-stick fry pan for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes; cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Toss with pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm.
- Serve with grilled Chicken,if desired.
- I added Prawns to mine.
- Substitute Kraft Signature Sundried Tomato and Oregano Dressing (which is what I used) and different pastas such as Penne for different variations.
Great fresh tomato sauce. Made this with feta cheese and added a couple more fresh herbs (oregano and parsley) just because I had them. I made a vinaigrette with 3T olive oil, 1T balsamic vinegar and 1/2tsp Italian seasoning rather than purchase an entire bottle of Kraft dressing. Perfect use of garden-fresh tomatoes.